mandag 1. juni 2009

a trip on the boat






I’m finally done with my teachers training. Luckily I passed all my exams so I’m pleased. Patthabi Jois, the Guru of Ashtanga yoga sadly died the first day of the training. We were informed like an hour after he passed due to our teachers close relationship to his Guru. We had a gathering in his memory the same afternoon. It felt really strong and sad. I never been to India nor had any kind of relation to him as a person, but I’ve dedicated a lot of my life to this sacred practice. At one point we weren’t sure if we would be able to complete the entire course before our teachers had to go back to India for a memorial on the twelfth day after his passing but luckily it all came through in the end.
I’m glad I’ve dedicated myself to this practice, and this teachers training, but it has been really hard on my family and me. I’m so happy today. It’s been lovely summer weather here in Norway for the past couple of days and I’ve spent the entire weekend with husband and daughter out on the boat and on the islands right by our house. It’s been absolutely lovely.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar