fredag 20. mars 2009

bergen



(images from goeurope)

I had the best of times in Bergen. The sun was shining throughout my whole visit. Considering Bergen is known as the city of rain, this is not a given. And what a beautiful city it is. Sadly I had little time to myself. Wednesday I was stuck in meetings until six in the evening. Then it was of to a lovely three-course dinner at the docks. It was a great evening. I didn’t know anybody but sure enough, you able you find the sweetest and strangest people wherever you go in this world. This is the strange thing about me; I’ve been home in my apartment, with my books, yoga and paperwork throughout this looooooong winter. And coming to Bergen, the sun warming my pale skin for the first time in months, I was big time social, getting to know most of the people who joined the party this particular evening. It’s so refreshing to meet new people and hear their stories.

I went for an early morning walk Thursday morning and took some pictures to share with you. Sadly they’re all lost so I found some online instead. Hopefully I’ll be able to take some pictures tomorrow. I’ve been told the sun is expected to arrive on my little fairytale island and I have a made arrangements with my sweet neighbours to meet out on the patio for coffee.

2 kommentarer:

  1. What an absolutely gorgeous city! I have never seen it before. Would love to see it in person someday.

    SvarSlett
  2. Absolutely lovely city. & I know exactly what you mean by being locked away all winter only to suddenly find youself surrounded by good company and new faces. Refreshing, indeed. I am beyond excited for spring. Hope all's well. :)

    SvarSlett