mandag 23. mars 2009

the impotance of living



The importance of living is a sweet little book written by Lin Yutang in 1936. This book focuses on the importance of laziness and conversations, of drinking tea with friends, of sitting in a chair or just lying in bed. I love this. I have so many friends who feel guilt lying in bed doing nothing, taking a nap during the middle of the day or reading for that matter. I have none of this guilt. I love to sleep, and I can spend hours looking into thin air with a book on my lap. I need this time to focus. This is when I realise if I’m close to some kind of balance or if I’m completely of my mark.

1 kommentar:

  1. Absolutely. I also do not have any sort of problem with making time for myself. I don't want life to pass me by while I'm rushing from one thing to another. While in San Francisco, I was reminded that the Japanese have some lovely ceremonies aimed at refocusing the mind on the ritual of daily life and the small pleasures of just being in ones environment. I love that.

    SvarSlett